I’ve made this recipe twice now and the results are delicious, hearty pancakes! Below is my version.
Whole Wheat Oatmeal Pancakes
- 1/2 cup spelt flour
- 1/2 cup oats
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 egg
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 2 tbsp oil
- If desired, mix flour, oats, milk and 1 tbsp yogurt together and let soak for 8+ hours in a loosely covered bowl at room temperature to aid in digestion - for example, mix this up before going to bed and make pancakes in the morning, or mix it up late morning to use for dinner.
- Combine dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- Add wet ingredients and mix to combine.
- Add 1/4 cup batter per pancake to preheated, greased cast-iron or stainless steel pan on med-low heat.
- Flip once bubbles have begun to form in centre of pancakes, cooking on opposite side until lightly browned.
- Serve with jam, yogurt, maple syrup, and fruit. Enjoy!
I’d like to figure out a gluten free alternative for these pancakes. Any ideas?